Today the writing prompt is BECAUSE.
|Flickr user cheerytomato|
I've also been feeling a little down, so I'm trying to focus on gratitude. Here I'm going to combine the two ideas. And even though it's wildly grammatically incorrect, I'm going to begin my list with a sentence fragment.
I am thankful because:
- God gives us grace. Even when I mess up, which happens regularly, He still loves me.
- I have a family and friends who love me.
- We have a wonderful family of believers, locally and worldwide, alongside whom we can serve.
- My surgeon's associate told me this week that it seems my cancer is still in remission. (I still have to go for a scan, but at this point we're good.)
- I have a terrific doctor who has found a combination of meds to manage my depression.
- We have a great pastor who has walked with me on many a rocky road.
- I'm forgiven. "I am no longer defined by all the wreckage behind." (Credit to Matthew West)
I'm out of time already, or my list would be much longer!
For more Five Minute Friday, click through the link at the top or bottom of this post. And I didn't forget: here's the video I promised: