This has been an unusual week for us, because my husband was in the hospital last weekend. (He's home and resting now, thank the Lord.) Even so, we saw blessings in this challenge.
- We first went to an urgent care center, where the doctor insisted that we go to the Emergency Room. We resisted at first. I prayed for wisdom and soon we decided that we had to go to the ER. After some tests and a dose of IV antibiotics, they sent us home. Over the next few days the condition worsened. My husband talked to our primary doctor, who sent us back to the ER. This time he was admitted. If we hadn't followed the doctors' advice, the condition could have become life-threatening. Thank God for answering our prayers for wise counsel.
- With just one exception, everyone who treated my husband was compassionate and skilled. That was another answer to prayer.
- Our pastor came to visit at the hospital. It's such a blessing to have a church family where people genuinely care.
- My husband expressed to his doctor that he would like to be home for Easter. The doctor moved the last IV infusion from 9:00 to 7:00 on Easter morning, and my husband was discharged at 10:15. We came home so he could clean up, and we were at church within an hour.
- He's home and resting, and he's feeling much, much better. He'll be on antibiotics for several more days, but the doctor is pleased with his progress.
For more Friday's Fave Five, click the link at the top of this post. Have a blessed week!