I haven't participated in Friday's Fave Five for quite a while. Lately I've been having a rough time, so it's been a challenge to find five highlights of a week. But this week I decided to give it another try. Thanks for stopping by!
- My husband and I have joined a new small group this fall, and the last meeting was very good. We've been watching videos of Charles Stanley talking about spiritual warfare, and it's been practical as well as inspiring.
- Our church has started a community kitchen ministry, and last Saturday was my family's first opportunity to serve. It was more rewarding than I can express.
- My son went to a new-for-him youth group event and had a great time. As a bonus, I got a little "me time" and my husband and I had some precious time alone. We spent it the way married couples do: we paid bills. :)
- My new doctor (well, since June) has been just wonderful. She is in touch on a regular basis and really cares about how I'm doing. I'm blessed to be working with a doctor and a counselor who are both determined to help me get well.
- Finally, I had a chance to see God at work. I've been coordinating Thanksgiving baskets for our church food pantry. This week we encountered an unanticipated need, and God pointed me to exactly the right resources to meet that need. I just love the way He works things out like that!
What were your favorite parts of the week? Answer in the comments or visit Susanne for more Friday's Fave Five!