I am delighted to be able to write a FFF post that doesn't start with "It's been a rough week." In fact, it's been a pretty good week! Here's why:
- My husband and I had a date night, and we saw Mark Schultz in concert. He's a great storyteller as well as a musician, and the show was just fabulous. Afterward DH and I stopped at Applebee's--we never thought we'd be there for half-price appetizers after 10pm--and stayed until midnight. This is so not something we typically do, and it was fun!
- Without really trying, I've lost eight pounds. One of my meds has weight gain as a side effect, so this was a happy surprise.
- I've been on the same combination of meds since November, and I've been feeling pretty good. I'll see the doctor on Saturday, and I have to decide whether I want to trade "pretty good" for the chance to feel better, at the risk of feeling worse. It's like "Let's Make a Deal" ... "Do you want to trade this toaster for what's behind Door Number 2?"
- After a few months away, I went back to my Bible study this week. It was so good to see everyone, to share prayer requests, and to get back into the study.
- I decided to learn to crochet, and I'm working on my first project. Our church has a ministry that gives handmade items to people in need. The current project is scarves and caps for cancer patients. I'm working on a scarf:
What was the best part of your week? Answer in the comments or visit Susanne for more Friday's Fave Five.