- I had an appointment with a doctor who was highly recommended. I expected him to prescribe a different antidepressant, but instead he diagnosed an underlying medical condition. He believes that it's not only (at least part of) the reason for my depression, but it's also causing other symptoms that I hadn't even mentioned to him. I've been taking the new medications for about five days so far, and I'm already feeling better.
- After the appointment, we took Mooseman to Grandma's house for the afternoon, so DH and I could go on a date. We had a fairly low-key afternoon, but it was such a blessing to have that time. (If you're interested in how we spent our afternoon, there's more detail here.)
- On the way home from our date, we stopped to buy some of the best macaroons I've ever had. DH likes the coconut ones, and I prefer almond ... so we got some of each. (These can be mail-ordered, but--even before shipping costs--the online prices are significantly higher than the in-store prices.)
- On Monday the mail carrier delivered the Kindle that I won from FSB Associates during Book Blogger Appreciation Week. I've been playing with it, and I think I've tried everything except actually reading a book!
- This week I have been thinking--a lot--about the way that the Lord brought people into my life before my depression hit in a big way. I can't help but think that the timing was more than coincidence. Some are in our church and some are online, but all have been a tremendous blessing to me. This week I had the opportunity to thank a friend who has been just amazingly supportive. I couldn't say it without getting misty-eyed ... and I'm getting that way again as I'm thinking about it!
Friday, October 1, 2010
This has been a happy and eventful week for me! I've mentioned some of these things already, but I can't leave them off my list. Thanks for stopping by to read it.