I know I've blogged about the tremendous blessings in my life. But yesterday afternoon, as I was making dinner, I was thinking about the blessings that we tend to take for granted. You know, the little things that make life sweeter and more beautiful. For this list, I'm excluding man-made items, like computers and washing machines. :)
Here's a short list of things that came to mind:
- Sunshine: For some people, it's so important that the shorter days of winter bring on a form of depression called Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'm not among those people, but it's hard to be outside on a sunny day without smiling.
- Hyacinths: So lovely and sweet-smelling, they're a sign of spring for me.
- Strawberries: These may just be the perfect fruit ... not only delicious and versatile, but also rich in vitamin C and potassium.
- Coffee and Chocolate, separately or in combination: Need I say more?
- Language: Imagine if we were unable to communicate with each other!
- Sleep: Many of us don't get enough sleep, but just try to do without it.
- Stars: I'm simply in awe of the One who imagined the stars, created them, and knows them by name.
The heavens declare the glory of God;For more Gratituesday, visit Laura at Heavenly Homemakers.
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
For more Tuesdays Unwrapped, visit Emily at Chatting at the Sky.