Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Freebies and Specials

1) Sometime this morning (before noon, Eastern time), Burt's Bees will be opening their site to take requests for a free lip balm giveaway. (It's open as of 11:15 Eastern. Limit one per household.)

2) Don't forget to sign up today for the Mars Real Chocolate Relief Act. The limit is one free candy bar per email address per week, and four per household for the whole promotion. We've received three coupons and I just signed up for our fourth and final one.

3) Amazon.com has several specials in the Grocery department. You can see them all at Amazon Grocery Specials, so I'll list just a few:

Save up to 40% on select Kashi products sold by Amazon.com. Save 25% when you enter code KASHNTRL at checkout. Plus, save an additional 15% when you combine the instant rebate with your Subscribe & Save order--bringing your total savings to 40%. Ends 6/30

Save up to 40% on select Special K products sold by Amazon.com. Save 25% when you enter code SPCKDEAL at checkout. Plus, save an additional 15% when you combine the instant rebate with your Subscribe & Save order--bringing your total savings to 40%. Ends 6/30

Save $10 when you spend $29 or more on eligible Lipton Tea, Soups, and Knorr-Lipton Sides products sold by Amazon.com. Use the following promotional code when you check out: LIPTKNOR. Offer valid through June 30, 2009

4) I just read on another blog about the Cash4Books website. I haven't tried it, or even registered, but it looks easy enough. You enter the ISBN of a book you'd like to sell, and the site makes an offer to purchase it. [They don't buy everything; in fact, I was getting discouraged because the vast majority of books that I entered were refused. According to their FAQ, they "specialize in recently published textbooks, non-fiction, business, and professional/technical books."] Once you assemble a "seller cart," you have the chance to print a postage-paid label to send the books to them. They pay through PayPal or by check. They have an affiliate program that pays $5 for each new customer who's been referred through your site; it sounds like a good opportunity, but I didn't sign up for it.

2 comments :

  1. Ooo, I love Burt's Bees! Thanks for sharing. Also I also looked in Cash4Books some time ago and they rejected almost everybook. So I was bummed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to check out the cash for books site!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you're thinking, so thank you for leaving a comment!

Spammers are unwelcome here, and spam comments will be deleted.

ShareThis